Romach

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Shuffle Meme

Lots to say, but with finals this week and next, my blogging time will be minimal if not non-existent. But, memes seem to be momentary fads, so here's my response:

First, memes remind me of those chain letter emails. You know, the ones you deleted because they were really annoying. Luckily, with rare exception , my friends seem to have outgrown that. I'm just kidding LZ, this is actually refreshing. Of course, in a world of "anonymous" bloggers, things like this provide a window into our lives for our readers, without compromising our pseudo-anonymity. Does anyone think this meme is just to up the link count on Google BlogSearch and Technorati?

Anyway, I don't own an iPod. Or a discman. I use Creative MediaSource, which came with the sound card on my computer (Audigy 2). I placed all of the songs in and hit shuffle. Here are the top 15, the sole criteria being that I've actually listened to the song before.

1) We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel
2) Shir Hashirim - Blue Fringe
3) Wonderful - Everclear
4) Pachelbel Canon in D Major
5) Einstein on the Beach - Counting Crows
6) Havannah - Kenny G
7) Nothing Gonna Stop Us - Jefferson Starship
8) Here's to the State of Mississippi - Phil Ochs
9) Mikimi - Yosef Karduner
10) Ants Marching, Dave Matthews Band
11) Drums - African Percussion
12) Kryptonite - Three Doors Down
13) I Believe (World Trade Center Tribute Version) - Blessed Union of Souls
14) Light My Fire - The Doors
15) Down Under - Men at Work

By the powers vested in me by the meme and blogosphere, I hereby pass this meme to Sago Boulevard, Menachem Butler at AJHistory, and because of his comments on my Jewish Music post, Yitzchak over at JudeoPundit.