Romach

Friday, December 02, 2005

Misc. Post

"Better the majority should worry about its umfarshtendenish of Rule 404(2), not Stephen's chutzpah."

The above is part of an article by Judge Alex Kozinski and Prof. Eugene Volokh on the use of Yiddish in American law. Emails with the article have floated around for a while. Today I came across the source, and decided to share it. Proper attribution and all. For those lawyers, the cite is 103 Yale L.J. 463 (1993). Everyone can read the updated version here. And yes, read the whole thing, its very funny, and pretty short (4 pages). And yes, the above was actually in a court case.

Now for some other stuff:

1) Finals are coming up in a couple of weeks, so blogging may be a bit lighter for the near future
2) If readers want (comment or email me, romach613@gmail.com, tacky I know, but I wasn't in the mood to be inventive) I'll sum up the questions and comments from the VC discussion on faith and religion. See here.
3) I can't stand listening to FM radio from after Thanksgiving until January 1.
4) Good Shabbos