Romach

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Fasting

As many pointed out to me, I did a very silly thing. I flew, from Israel to America, today, on 10 Tevet. Which means my fast was about 7 hours longer than that of everyone else.

So why did I fly back today? The conversation with the travel agent went something like this:

Thursday:
Romach: "Are there any tickets to Israel?"
TA: "Not for the dates you want, but I'll call you if something opens up."

Monday:
TA: "We have a ticket, returning on January 10th."
Romach: "I'll take it."

As you can tell, I didn't have much choice.

On a funnier note, I flew SwissAir, and suffice it to say, the flight attendants didn't know today was a fast day. So they went, throughout the plane, asking many Jews if they wanted their kosher "meal." And they were turned down. Constantly. Twas quite humorous to observe.